Friday 13 November 2009

Operation "Blunderbuss" Part 7

Chapter 7 - Nobody does it better.
"I wasn't looking, but somehow you found me"

I woke up and said bye to Pi Pi in the morning. I pottered around for an hour or two before heading off into town for some lunch. I picked a restaurant and ordered duck with pineapple and of course chips! When my meal arrived i couldn't believe it, the duck was inside a carved out pineapple and was really nice but a bit too heavy for a midday meal, still i enjoyed it all the same and had an iced strawberry drink to cool off after the duck (and chips!). I left the restaurant and went back to the hotel to get my towel etc ready for an hour or two on the beach.

The beach was directly opposite my hotel and they're weren't many people on it, but then it was a fairly long beach. I found a quiet spot set my stuff down and went in the sea. I can't remember the last time i went in the sea it really was that long ago but it was brilliant. There were no rocks, stones, seaweed or any funny objects in there, i walked to about 40 metres out letting the breakers smash against my chest. Even this far out i was only just up to my shoulders and spent about an hour in there just enjoying floating around and relaxing in the sun. It was a beautiful day, quiet, peaceful and i was loving it, i didn't have a care in the world. I stayed on the beach for a little longer but then left as i didn't want to get sunburn, i had a caught some on my arms and feet on the boat trip yesterday and didn't want to add to this. I therefore decided that i would go for a "sunburn" massage at a place just around the corner from my hotel. The sunburn massage comprised of having cold wet towels placed all over my body and then some of gel rubbed in afterwards. It was of slight relief to me and for the money (250baht/£5) it was a good experience, other than the mouthy swedish lady in the next cubicle who wouldn't stop talking. After this i went back to the hotel and had a cocktail at the poolside bar prior to heading off to bed for a nap.

I got up in the late afternoon and went back to the Swedish restaurant i went to the night before to have another Schnitzel in red wine sauce. I then headed off into town to have my final beers at "bar with no name". It was fairly quiet in the bar that night but i managed so sink more than a few whilst watching a couple of games of footy. As the hours wore on 1,2 and 3 am passed so i thought i ought to consider going to bed. I said goodbye to Andy, and the lady behind the bar (Pai Lin) and began to make my way out, Pai Lin enquired as to why i had been eyeing her up for 3 days and not done anything about it, so i said fair enough Ill wait for you to finish to finish work and we can go on late date. Pai Lin was shocked that i liked her enough to wait another hour or so before she finished work so i sat myself down and some more Singha Beer. About an hour later we left for real and i said my goodbyes again. I had really enjoyed drinking in the "bar with no name" and began to wish i wasn't going back to Bangkok the next day. Anyway i had great time with Pai Lin, she was very intelligent and a decent, honest person, not to mention very attractive with the best smile i had seen in thailand. I had promised myself i wouldn't go over the top with anyone i met on holiday but i liked her so much i lowered my defences and let myself fall in love with her. I really wished i could have spent more time with her and got to know her better and who knows if i hadn't had a job and a mortgage to come back to i may still have been there with her now. I think i would have at least stayed until my money ran out and was cursing the fact i hadn't booked to stay in Karon Beach a day or two longer. But sadly it wasn't to be, i was up the next morning and Pai Lin said she wanted me to stay and be her boyfriend, but hey, i live in england, she lives in thailand, it's was not going to happen. Pai Lins words for our brief encounter were "Special, special, special", i would definitely agree with that. As sad as i was to leave Phuket and Pai Lin i had to go, i was surprised that only after a few days i had genuine feelings for someone, but it was a holiday romance, i packed my feelings up, put them on a shelf in the back of my mind for safe keeping and as the taxi drove away with heavy heart i waved goodbye.

1 comment: