Wednesday 1 April 2009

Heavens edge

We'd had a great day out at the coastal town of Heavens Edge, me and her and the kids. What fun we had, all of us, i dont think any of us stopped smiling the whole day. The sun had his hat on!

I must admit i'd had some doubts before this and was going to leave you, but deep down i didnt want to, i'd made up my mind and invested my heart and future in this. I'm not going anywhere, I was living instead of existing.

Anyway all good things come to an end and we began the drive home, we were all laughing and talking and smiling but even then i began to detect a change in her, she went quiet. This was of great concern to me and when the sun went in and the cold an the clouds came i knew what was coming.

She stopped the car and said it was time for me to get out, i asked why and got numerous, unrelated paper thin reasons, none of which were consistent or in keeping with the mood of the day. I could see that the die was cast and after what seemed an age got out of the car. The car drove away and i was left at the side of the road, there were trees on both sides of the empty grey road. Now it was just me, the trees, the cold, the clouds, the road and a roadsign. I walked to the sign and read it.

It said:

You have now left Heavens Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment